Provider Member, N.E.W. Birth Options PMA
|I provide comprehensive childbirth classes that cover a wide range of topics. Classes are tailored to meet the specific needs of the individual while providing the support of a group. I offer classes for first time and veteran parents, couples and individuals both young and seasoned. I welcome teens and any soon-to-be parent wishing to educate themselves about the birthing process. Classes are catered to present important information for parents to plan their birth and prepare for an amazing and fulfilling experience.|
Classes are geared for both in and out of hospital births.
|If you are not interested in participating in group discussions, private classes can be arranged to meet the specific needs of your family and can be held in the comfort of your home.
|Some of the topics covered include...|
- Understanding the birth process
- A mother’s rights regarding her birth
- Understanding your options regarding labor and birth
- The role of labor supporters at birth
- Preparing physically, emotionally and intellectually for your baby’s arrival
- Growing a healthy baby
- Labor coping techniques
- Coping with the unexpected
- Dealing with Baby Blues and PPD
- Adapting to a new baby and a new schedule
- And much, much more...
"When a man is truly 'present' for the birth of his child and allows himself to be touched by the mystery unfolding before his eyes, he will have an unquestionable experience that can catapult him into the next phase of his development as a mature human being. His encounter with the power of birth…can connect him to his partner and his child in ways that sustain him for the rest of his life." |
- John Franklin